Wednesday, May 16, 2007

TIM'S HOUSE - A NEW BEGINNING



Many of you knew and loved Tim Weed.

He was a friend, brother, and co-worker to those in the Chardon community. Tim last worked in the produce department of Mikolsky's Giant Eagle. Though beloved by everyone, he felt a kind of loneliness that could not be nullified.

Recently, I received a letter from Carole Brazis, his mother. She detailed a new idea which is taking shape at this very moment:

"After Tim's death my world forever changed. My goal and dream was to buy my son a house so he would always have a safe place to go when I was gone. Now, my hope is that dream will become a reality in his name to help others. Tim's House, Inc. was formed to assist and support those suffering from the loss of a loved one to suicide. We are in the very early stages of making this dream a reality and can use all the help and support the community will offer. We are holding the 1st Annual Tim Weed Memorial Pledge Walk at Girdled Road Reservation (Radcliffe Road Entrance-where Tim chose to end his life) on Saturday May 19th at 9:00 am."

I also heard from Leslee Messner, a long-time friend of the family. She offered additional information about the project:

"Just thought I would keep you posted on the happenings of Tim's House, Inc. (the memorial organization remembering Tim Weed) We are now incorporated and tax deductable. An indoor yard sale has taken place already at the Hambden Town Hall and the next event is a pledge walk Saturday May 19th... Tim's House is making progress but there is still much to be done in the loving memory of Tim Weed and for others who may be contemplating a similar needless action. "

I can't think of a more positive way to remember this gentle soul. It is a wonderful representation of Carole's love for her son. I look forward to seeing Tim's House develop and grow!

RDI

1 Comments:

Blogger Suz said...

Oh here I am. I found it. Thanks for sending me here. This is such a wonderful idea.

Hugs & Prayers
Jean

8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home