Friday, July 14, 2006

Ch-Ch-Ch-CHANGES


David Bowie once sang: "Turn and face the strange ch-ch-changes!"

In recent days, this old tune has taken on new meaning as I consider moving onward from my traditional retail home in Chardon. Local customers will remember that I have served the Geauga community (through various stores) since 1984. It has been a responsibility I accepted with both pride and pleasure over the past twenty-two years.

You will hear differing versions of my exit from GIANT EAGLE on June 30th. (I will respectfully avoid discussing that issue here.) Simply stated, there are two points on which all of us agree: First - I am no longer a member of the staff. Second - My services did not 'fit' the new direction that the store is taking. I wish everyone well as they move toward an expanded and redefined market in Chardon.

My personal thanks to EVERYONE who has patronized my stores over the past two decades. It has been an honor to serve you.

Special thanks to Frank Tainer and Bill Mikolsky for providing an exceptional level of service to this city. My gratitude also to Jim Grey, Bob Herron, Frank Monastra, Bob Jordan, Stan Pigon, Mike Cooper, and Nick Bucceri for the years we spent together. I learned a great deal while working for the people of Chardon. Thanks for the paychecks, and a free education!

I can't speculate here about my personal future in Geauga. But it would certainly be a pleasure to once again represent the citizens of our area. I would welcome discussion about future opportunities...

In the meantime, my work for THE GEAUGA COUNTY MAPLE LEAF will go on, as ever.

Thanks, and best wishes, to YOU!

Sincerely, Rod Ice
7-14-06

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home