Wednesday, June 21, 2006

ARROWHEAD MUSIC, MENTOR, OHIO




Trips to ARROWHEAD MUSIC used to be common in the 1980's, when I was still a newcomer to The Northcoast. It was the nearest full-service music outpost in our area, offering a complete line of instruments and accessories. Extra cash was surrendered here on a regular basis. I once found a classic set of tuners to update my first electric guitar - six pegs on a metal strip, just like the TEISCO original. Later, after reading that Keith Richards preferred ERNIE BALL strings for his Telecaster ('Skinny Top/Heavy Bottom') I bought my first set from Arrowhead.

As years passed, my thoughts turned toward other concerns. For a time, I felt alienated from my collection of vintage guitars. But my nephew, Justin, has helped revive the spirit of Rock 'n' Roll with his own musical adventures.

After purchasing a DANELECTRO 'Longhorn' off eBay, I realized that there were no guitar cords left in the house! And my only shoulder strap was a dried-out relic. So in search of such things, Justin and I headed to ARROWHEAD... and the memories began to appear. In a sense, I felt OLD. But also, very proud to know that my nephew was a standard-bearer for the NEXT GENERATION of rock!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home