Thursday, June 11, 2009

STAR OF INDIA


Above - my nephew at The Star of India Restaurant in Parkersburg, WV.



I admit it - curry powder is one of my favorite spices.

While returning from a visit to Philippi, Justin and I stopped for a meal at the 'Star' and were treated to a dining experience one might not expect in Mountaineer Country. We ordered the Tuesday special, which was a combination dinner featuring curried chicken as its main course. Included were all sorts of Indian treats, like 'nan' bread baked in their tandoori oven. One sauce even seemed to contain the diverse elements of mint, cumin, and hot peppers. Our experience reminded me of the long lost Indian Buffet that once operated in my erstwhile home base of Ithaca, New York.

Justin is a student at nearby Ohio Valley University, so he will be able to frequent this interesting restaurant with ease.

After returning to Cleveland, I did a bit of Internet research and discovered that The Parkersburg News and Sentinel had done a feature about this eatery, in 2007:

http://newsandsentinel.com/page/content.detail/id/500581.html?nav=5054

It made me resolve to have a closer look at the Indian cuisine available here on the northcoast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home