Sunday, November 27, 2005

Going For Two


Location - Ohio, jewel of the midwest. home of presidents, aviation, football history, and heavy manufacturing. Plus, the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame.

Subject A - A rough day for NFL fans in Cleveland. Our Browns were humiliated whilst trying to compete with the Minnesota Vikings. (They beat us, 24-12.) We're used to loooong seasons here on the Northcoast, so it is not completely surprising. Things will get better as Crenell implements his plan for success. But until then...

Subject B - Link Wray passed away last week. I was a hero for many people like myself who have known disaffection with the mainstream world, and found that ROCK could give a sense of purpose and hope when that was needed. His seminal 'Rumble' was one of the greatest guitar instrumentals ever recorded.

Subject C - WTAM 1100 is one of my favorite companions throughout the day. This Clear Channel outpost has a fine selection of syndicated and local talk programs. As I write this, Art McCoy is speaking from his 'Black On Black Crime' forum. Tomorrow, I'll catch a bit of Jerry Springer in the morning... then Mike Trivisonno in the afternoon. Such an embarrassment of riches. Wow. I love 'TAM.

Subject D - The photo above is from Halloween. My idea was to reflect the rural nature of local culture. Surprisingly, almost no one recognized me at work. (My typical attire is a shirt and tie.)
Amazing.

Stay tuned...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home