Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Sgt. Spammer

Spam messages about helping to bring money into the USA are ever-present thanks to the Internet. Until now, those I have received were from Nigerian scammers or Malaysian hucksters. But recently, I got a unique message from someone claiming to be an American soldier:

Reply-to: phsmith885@yahoo.com
Date: Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 9:32 PM
Subject: From Sgt David
Mailed-by: saleen.websitewelcome.com

"My name is Sgt.David Smith, I am an American soldier with Swiss background,serving in Iraq,i found $5,000,000.00 USD near one of Saddam's old palaces in Tikrit-Iraq,i need you to help me to keep the money in safe place pending my arrival,20% will be giving to you for your assistant. I will provide details of the project if and when I receive your response.

Sgt David Smith.


I couldn't help wondering... why was it necessary to specify that he had Swiss ancestry? Because of the proverbial notion of having a 'Swiss bank account' with money tucked away?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home