Thursday, October 04, 2007

Evans Goes Whole Hog



Cantini's Market is located in the village of Rock Creek, Ohio, on State Route 45. I visit the store frequently because it is my neighborhood's closest full-selection grocery store. The emporium has an incredible variety of goods for being such a small venue.

Recently, I noted these Evans pork rind snacks while passing through for beer, milk, and donuts. They had an eye-catching design that instantly grabbed my attention. Though not gifted with great taste, they satisfied my porcine craving. If bags of Brim's Old South had been on the shelf, I might've been tempted to overlook these fried treats. But they were good enough for the moment...

Later, my wife bought our black Lab puppy a sack of pig's ear treats. She observed rightly: "The pooch likes his kind of hog, and you like yours."

Truer words have never been uttered.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home