Friday, September 01, 2006

FRANKIE STEIN LP FROM EBAY















This is a copy of "MONSTER SOUNDS AND DANCE MUSIC" (POWER Records 342) which I snagged recently, on eBay. Even after forty years, the tracks here reverberate with retro hipness:

SIDE ONE - The Creep/Be Careful It's My Throat/Dreamin' and Screamin'/Chills/Dance of Doom

SIDE TWO - Mummy's Little Monster/Kiss of Death/Body Twist/Bat and Cat/Saturday Evening Ghost

I played my copy of 'Monster Melodies' to death as a kid. (My parents probably wished they'd saved the ninety-nine cent investment for something more useful like a jumbo bag of popcorn!)

I remember looking at the back cover and drooling over the 'other' albums that were available. (Available? Not without a lot of searching... it has taken over thirty-five years to find the rest of Frankie's LPs.) But thanks to eBay, foolish vinyl junkies like myself can locate such stuff, affordably.

Even in the 21st-Century, a FRANKIE STEIN record is guaranteed to produce a howwwwwwwwwling good time!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home